Wednesday 12 October 2016

Catch up

Well a lot has been happening since my visit to the British Library.

I had a fantastic day researching at the Lambeth Palace Library, discovering some excellent relevant documents and maps, and had the opportunity of visiting the library in Westminster Abbey - what an awe inspiring visit! The staff in both libraries were fabulous - very helpful and friendly.

I have also had the absolute pleasure of viewing, and the opportunity to survey, three amazing cells in two beautiful churches, All Saints Church in Rettenton, Essex and St Nicholas Church in Compton Surrey. They both took my breathe away. Stay tuned for photos.

I did visit Exeter, specifically to see an academic in this field to discuss his research, unfortunately he had to reschedule our meeting to next year, due to other commitments. A pity, as I was very much looking forward to discussing his research.

I am currently in Edinburgh conducting some more archival research at the National Archives of Scotland and whilst here, I will be travelling to Chester-le-Street to view and survey another cell.

So much more to research....so much more to see....

No comments:

Post a Comment